Yes, I'm one of the 75 students in the winter 2012 30x500 course.
What Is 30x500?
30x500 is a four-month "product creation" course by Amy Hoy, the creator of Freckle and Charm. "Product creation", because you don't exit the course with a ready made product.
Instead, you're going to learn (in addition to other things):
- how to have only profitable ideas
- how to secure customers for your product before you ever commit a line of code, or write a single page
- how to build a product by yourself, without making yourself miserable
- how to find your customers
- how to get your customers to come to you
- how to write sales copy so your customers will listen — with no previous copywriting experience
- how to launch your product to immediate sales
This course has propelled several success stories, including Bootstrapping Design and Planscope, actually, Planscope twice.
Why I Chose 30x500?
For 13 years I was a designer and developer in a large multinational company. I worked in research and development. That means we made brand new products. Most of those projects failed in a way or another.
At least two times in my career we worked for over two years to create a product that was discontinued almost immediately when it came out. I loved both of those products but they just didn't sell well enough.
Looking back, I can't name any telltale sign of a product that's going to fail. The failing products are not always bad products... And there are some awful products that just thrive.
The only common nominator to all failing products is that they don't sell well enough. I think this course offers an unique viewpoint to that program - getting the customers first.
I want to create my own SaaS-application. And I want to be successful. I don't want to bury another product.